visitor views

21.5.11

Outfit of the day/that looks familiar: 70's prints

Double segment!?!? 
I live for things of the past. I always say ___ era is my favorite era but anything before the 2000's is intriguing to me but today I'm paying tribute to the 70s. When I think of the 70s I also look back at the part when the redhead in Dazed and Confused says "The 50s were boring. The 60s rocked. And the 70s, oh my God, they obviously suck. Come on! Maybe the 80s will be like radical or something." I could help but yell at the my TV screen and say "HONEY, OH YOU ARE WRONG!" The 70s were great! They had sabbath, they had John Travolta(good looking), Zepplin, high waisted flare pants, platforms, DISCO!! The 70s were great okay?!
A lot of things have been coming my way that exude the best of the 70s like Stone Cold Fox's 2011 lookbook!! and Zara of course delivered my wish list item just on time!

So I channeled my best 70s gal(of course Black Sabbath comes on as Im typing this. Can I be any more 70s?) It's outfits like these that make me wish I lived in the 70s because I have no choice but to wear my pants with platforms cause they're so damn long in length. I want to show the pants off as best of possible. Surprisingly, this is the first day I've worn my Zara pants, why? Well I was just waiting for the right time to wear them but I decided why wait, I should just wear them everyday of my life right? The pants have this Tory Burch similarity to them and I dont really like Tory Burch, but these pants put Tory taaa SHAME.

WEARING: ZARA PANTS, YA. DA TOP, F21 PLATFORMS AND EARRINGS

XOXO MAVERICK DIVA

11 comments:

  1. LOVE your pants! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your pants! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those trousers are incredible!! Love them! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks girls!!! I love my pants to death!

    xo
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too cute! Love the highwaisted pants and platforms!

    xo,
    Cortnie Elizabeth
    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look absolutely retro AWESOME!

    Monica from F&ML: Fashion And My Life…
    fandml.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. UGH you are a woman after my heart. I LOVE how you are able to mix patterns and make them look SOOOO wonderful. You are AMAZING Vanessa. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pantas are great!

    By the way, I gave you an award on my blog, just check it out:

    http://fashionandmakeuplover.blogspot.com/2011/05/blogger-luxury-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks guys!!
    Francesca, thanks sooo much! I'll be sure to check that post out and the rest of your blog :)

    -Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have died and gone to print heaven!! Those pants are AMAZING and you are rocking the heck out of them! I love how you paired them with that fabulous top. The small dot prints on the shirt play well with the little square print on the pants. You are super cute and your hair cut is bangin!! HARD!! ;-) Thank you so much for your sweet comment on SheDel's feature of me. Kiah

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting on Maverick Diva!